Teachers are Blessed to be a Blessing


1 Samuel 12:24 
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.


I have absolutely enjoyed every moment of my experience with the 2nd grade students that I am currently working with! One of the greatest things about this age group is that they are still so loving. I love getting hugs from my students at the beginning and end of the day, I love when they hang on and don't want me to leave. I love being affirmed by my students that I am a good teacher and that they love having me. I truly hope that my students know how much I love them in return! I hope that what I am doing in the classroom will reach beyond the classroom, that they will be able to see the love of Christ shining through me, that they will know what love is, that they will be blessed. I have been very blessed and in return, it is my job to be a blessing to others. I believe that this our purpose on this earth, to be a blessing to others. This world is not about us, it is about glorifying God; it is about helping others to see God and all His greatness! 


Matthew 5:13-16
Salt and Light
13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

1 Thessalonians 5:5-11
5 You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.


One day, I had a student who told me that a family member had called him stupid. My heart broke for him. I got down to his eye-leve and I told him "You are SMART!" I have seen what he can do and he is a bright kid when he takes the time and focuses his work. We did a lesson on characteristics and the students were asked to pick out some characteristics which described themselves. He chose all negative words, including stupid, and I kept prompting him to choose some positive words. At first he refused, but later, when he was working on his own, he did change all of the characteristics to positive ones. Whether it was my doing or not, I was so excited to see that he was seeing himself in a positive light! This is what I want to do. I want to encourage my students so that they leave the class loving themselves and knowing that they are capable of doing great things! I believe every students has a great potential and it is my job to help them discover what that is and to uncover their passions and skills. 

I am a teacher and I am blessed to be a blessing!

1 Peter 4:10-11
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 9- Blessed

Blessed to be a Blessing