A Beautiful Thing


There are a lot of incredible things going on in my life right now. 
The most beautiful thing though is seeing people come to God. 

Two and a half years ago when I met my now husband, he didn't have his faith in God. He knew who God was, he had grown up in the church, but he didn't have a relationship. He was seeking that. It has been such an amazing thing to go on this journey with him, so watch him grow that relationship! 


While I have watched him grow over the last two years, when he came back from Kenya, he was the most changed. He is a little more on fire now than he was before he left. When I saw fire, I mean like the fire that come upon the apostles head when the Holy Spirit came down on them (Acts 2:1)K, maybe not that extreme, but you get the point. 

It has just been so awesome to see and more importantly, to be able to walk along side him. That we can seek God together. 


But, what really inspired me to write this was a smaller friend of ours. 


Brandon and I have been involved in Safe Families. This is an organization that finds volunteer families within the church to help out families in need. The majority of what they deal with is childcare. A lot of the families that they serve are single moms who don't have family around to help out. This could be when mom is going through job training or interviewing, or if the mom or someone else in the family is in the hospital or needs to make regular visits to the hospital. The parent(s) has a goal to accomplish while the volunteers are watching their children. This could be for 1 night or it could be for a few months. 


We have been helping out a family for the last couple of months now. One of the boys, who I will refer to as J, has been staying with us while his sister was in the hospital receiving medical treatment. A couple of the weeks, he just was with us for a night or two, and then a couple of the weeks, he was with us all week. Then him and his brother transitioned to staying at my parents house during the school week, so we still see them often. 


The first week that J spent the whole week with us, I took him to Kid's Club with me at our church. The first night, he had so much fun and was so excited about it! But then he also broke down crying a little bit later that evening. He was having a difficult time with all that was going on his family and processing it! He was scared and I was too. But we talked about how God has things in control. God takes care of us and He works for our good. We had a similar conversation a couple of weeks later. 


I know that J has also been attending church with his family, and I know that when he is with my parents, my mom prays with them and is always encouraging about how God is taking care of us! She did this for me as a kid, and still as and adult! 


Yesterday I found out that J is getting baptized this weekend. He came to spend the day with us, and in the car, I asked him about his faith and who he believed God was. I was very impressed with his answer. He has been through a lot in his young life but he trusts God to get him through the good and the bad. 


Then, the most touching thing, when we sat down for dinner, I asked him if he wanted to say the prayer for us (I usually did, and I always got the same answer). I was shocked when he said yes! He then went on to say a beautiful prayer, asking God to bless our food, and asking him to be with his family and us. 


I was so touched. I know that it was not all my doing, it was all God's doing, but if felt really good to know that I may have made a tiny impact on his faith in God. It is amazing to see how God uses us to touch His people. God is great, all the time! We need to trust God and let Him use us for His glory! 


Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

1 John 4:11-16

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 

May our stories show Christ love, that others will come to know and trust Him!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 9- Blessed

Blessed to be a Blessing

Teachers are Blessed to be a Blessing