Encouragement



This week was a long week. I came home Friday completely exhausted. At one school, it was the last week before our 3 week spring break! There was so much excitement and just so much other stuff going on. 

But come Friday, I got the encouragement that I needed. 

At the end of my math class, I asked the students what the best thing has been about their year so far. They all had some great things to share! I was so excited to hear them reflect on their great year. But what was really touching to me, was that for some of the students, their highlight (that they were thinking about at that moment) was getting to be in my class, or for one student, getting to see me at church (she gets double doses of me!) and it allowed me to see that these kids know that I care about them. They want to be in my class because they feel loved when they come in the room. That is my goal as I know I've written before. So many days I wonder, but these moments let me know that I am doing something right. 

My reading class had earned some outside time, so we got to go outside and just have some free time for about 15-20 minutes. This time is my favorite because I get to spend time with the kids not focused on what they need to learn or what they need to do. I can just have FUN with them! The smiles on their faces are such an encouragement. 

One of my students found out that he wasn't going to be in my reading class when we got back from break and he took it very hard. He was crying in the corner when we were getting ready to go outside. He did finally come out and we got to just play some ball and it was great time together! 

Because they had earned 10 stars, I also told my reading class that they could come in and have lunch with me. A few of the kids always groan when they hear that the reward is lunch with the teacher, so I told them that it was completely optional and that is why we also had outside time. 

I was surprised at lunch time when my whole reading class came back to the room with their lunches. Even the ones who groan! It was the last day of school before a 3 week break and they chose to spend their precious lunch/social time with ME! I felt quite honored that they would want to spend this time with their teacher!

At the end of the day, at one school there was a staffing meeting. At this meeting they were just simply discussing the opening that there would be at the school for the upcoming school year. From the 3 principals that I work with, they have all been very encouraging to me and have all said how much they would love to have part of their full time staff next year! I have no idea what the future holds for a job for me, but it is always good to hear that you are wanted! 

When I got home, I checked my email and saw that I had an email from the parent of the boy who was sad because he wasn't going to be in my reading class, requesting that I do what I can to keep him in my class. No matter what happens in that situation, it is always good to hear from a parent that they want their child in your class, that they trust you with their child's education and well being! 

This followed an email that I had gotten from a parent the day before telling me how much their student loved being in my class! 

WOW! 

This post is not supposed to be about how awesome I am and how everyone loves me, but how important encouragement is

I try to be encouraging! Sometimes I have to step out of my comfort zone to get there but when I am encouraged, I remember how much it is worth it! 

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. -1 Thessalonians 5:11

Take this and encourage one another! Love one another! We are blessed so that we can be a blessing! 

Here is some enragement for you today!

Romans 8:31-39

More Than Conquerors
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[b] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 9- Blessed

Blessed to be a Blessing

Teachers are Blessed to be a Blessing