Childlike Faith

Mark 10:13-16
13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.


Last night at bible study, we were talking about belief. Someone mentioned childlike faith, and how children believe, undoubtedly, what they are told, as far as what they can make sense of. As we were talking about this, it made me think about VBS that night. The theme at VBS this year is Athens. I am guiding the preschoolers around as we hear Paul's story, and then after we play some games, we go to shops in Athens, where the shopkeepers are not Christians. Some of the shopkeepers have played their part well, and last night, the shopkeepers said that she had prayed to Zeus, but he did not answer. I asked the preschoolers why he did not answer. Was he a real god or a pretend god?    They all eagerly responded that he was a fake god. They proceded to tell the shopkeeper about who the real God is, and how Jesus died on the cross to take away our sins and then rose again on Easter.

I sometimes question how much these young students take in and what they understand, but last night I realized that they take in a lot more than I would have predicted, and they believe in Jesus undoubtedly. They may not completely understand, but they are willing to answer anyone who asks about Jesus, not thinking about the consequences. 

This made me think, do I have faith like this? If someone asked me, what would be my response? I want to live so that people can see my faith through my everyday actions. I want to have a faith, where I believe undoubtedly. I pray that God would give me the strength, courage, and humility to live out my faith in a way that honors and glorifies HIM. 

John 13:34-35
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Matthew 5:14-16
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


Ephesians 1:17-19
17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 9- Blessed

Blessed to be a Blessing

Teachers are Blessed to be a Blessing