A New Chapter

So much has happened in the last year! It is absolutely amazing how God works. 

The sermon today was about how God orchestrates things to help prepare us for what He wants us to do. I believe that we do have free will, but that God puts things in our path, so that He can prepare us and use us. I still do not fully understand what all God has in mind or why everything has happened the way it has. 



Last summer, I met a guy, totally by God's perfect orchestrating. I had stayed back from bible study and chose to go downtown with my dad to get dinner after I had already been there and eaten. One of Brandon's friend dragged him (not literally) downtown and they decided to mix things up and go to some different places than they usually do. All of this led us to cross paths. My dad and Brandon's friend started talking and so, after listening to them for fifteen twenty minutes, Brandon finally started up a side conversation with me. I was not interested in a relationship at all, but I was willing to be friends. He was t a point in his life where he was seeking out his faith. Before we knew it, we were hanging out a few times a week. After a few months of growing a great friendship, having deep conversations, and sharing our lives with each other, we decided to take the next step and see what would come. Here were are a year later ENGAGED! We have both grown a lot in our faith this year and we are so excited for what God has in store for us!

I have seen how my relationship to Brandon is blessing. Because of my influence, and that of my family, he has joined a bible study and has gotten involved in church and is so excited to learn more about God. This summer, he asked if we could get baptized together. I was baptized as an infant, but I do believe in adult baptism, as a redeclaration of my faith in God. I was excited to do this but even more excited that he wanted to take that step in his faith. We did get baptized together at he lake by the pastor who will also be marrying us. As he grows, he is able to be a light to his family and friends, many who do not have a strong relationship with God if any relationship at all. Also, my forgiveness of his past has inspired a friend of mine to see beyond one of her friend's past and to be able to take the next step in a relationship with him and it is a beautiful relationship. I am so happy for them! Brandon also brings so much joy into my life. He is able to lift me up after a long day at work. To simply have a smile on my face makes such a difference. It gives me the rejuvenation that I need to be my very best the next day! He motivates me and encourages me, and he helps me to be a better friend,  daughter, and teacher. He is always pushing me to be better!



This past February, there was a interview job fair for one of the districts nearby. I wasn't planning on applying. It was VERY early to be applying to teaching jobs (many start hiring April, May). But, last minute I decided to. I went and then got called back for a second interview. By March, I had a teaching job!! This was a huge blessing, as I no longer had to worry about applications or interviews, I could focus on finishing up the year strong with the 2nd graders that I was student teaching. Early May, I was placed in a very diverse low-income school teaching 1st grade. I met with the teachers and observed them. All summer, I was preparing for my first grade classroom! After my room was all set up, evening before new teacher workshops began, I was told that I would have to move to a different school into a kindergarten position. It was really tough to take this news at first. There were definitely tears! I had made wonderful connections with the 1st grade teachers and many other teachers at that school. My heart was there, I was ready for the challenge. But, now, after 3 weeks of kindergarten in a mostly-white, middle-class school, I realize that I was not ready for the challenge. I was excited, but I do not yet have the skills and patience that I need to be teaching in a place where there is a lot of complexity affecting the classroom. I have been incredibly blessed to be where I am. It is a nearly perfect first year teaching job and there may still be opportunities for me to move back to the other school or to another more diverse school within the district. I am not teaching 19 amazing 5 and 6 years olds! There are still challenges, but they are smaller and more manageable, and I have awesome parent-support! 

The job that I have now is able to give me very valuable experience and prepare me for some of the challenges that may be ahead! I love my students and my co-workers are helpful! I have already learned so much and I am so excited to see who these students grow this year!! 



God is absolutely amazing! Everyday I see more and more reasons to praise Him! With that I want to share this song:


I also want to share a few verses with you and I encourage you to pray the prayer that my pastor gave us today:

Here I am God! Use me! Guide me! 

God is preparing us to use us! He will use us for great things!

Philippians 2:13
For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Isaiah 40:28-31

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;  but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.


Psalm 34

1 I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. 2 My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. 3 Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. 5 Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. 6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. 7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. 8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. 9 Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. 10The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. 11 Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 12 Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, 13 keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. 14Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. 15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry; 16 the face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth. 17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hearsthem; he delivers them from all their troubles. 18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. 19 A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 9- Blessed

Blessed to be a Blessing

Teachers are Blessed to be a Blessing