Trust- A year ago


These last couple of months have been really tough. 

I was anxious about Brandon leaving for his mission trip to Kenya. We had a couple of different boys that we were hosting through safe families. For some reason, I feel like I was behind all quarter, and not serving my students to the best of my ability. I was also anxious about my job for next year (I have no idea where I will be). I had a really tough week teaching intercession (half days of school during our breaks). Then Brandon came home and he threw out his back walking around in our apartment and to put a cherry on top, his truck decided it had had enough and we were already pouring money into chiropractic care because both Brandon and I have messed up backs. 

It really wasn't that bad. There really is not any one thing that I could pin point that made it seem bad. But, I feel so much more at peace right now. 

Brandon's back is finally getting better. We found a new vehicle that we could get a loan for and that should be reliable. We went through our finances and our budgets and talked about how we want to use our money going forward. I have had a break from teaching and I have gotten into the classroom a couple of times to get stuff organized. 

After what seemed like a marathon quarter, we are here and I have peace. God's peace. A peace that transcends all understanding. 

God is great all the time. That is about all I can sum it up to. God has got it all in control. I need to trust Him always. 

It is so easy for us to slip away and to get caught up in the things this world. In the stress that comes with money. The things that people think of us. 

Brandon posted a status on Facebook, 1 Samuel 3:10 "Speak Lord, for your servant is listening."

This is where we are at in our lives and his hope was that in would be encouraging to someone else as well. That someone else would be humbled and know that God is in control. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 9- Blessed

Blessed to be a Blessing

Teachers are Blessed to be a Blessing