God of the Hills and the Valleys

It's funny, I have not been on here in a year. I have thinking about things to write, but just have never taken the time to sit down and write. But today, I need to. So I logged in, and there was an unpublished post, from just about a year ago. I looked at the picture that I had put with it and read the first few lines. We are in a similar place today as we were a year ago. Different circumstances, but a time of stress, and a time that we are desperately depending on God. 

So, why today, did I chose to sit down and write? 

About 4 weeks ago, I found out that I will be moving jobs, AGAIN. I have moved every year, a different building, different grade levels, different teammates. Every year I look back, and I know with full certainty that it was for the best that I was where I was. And of course, having been here so many times before, I do know that where ever I end up next year, will absolutely be for the best. God has a great plan and He will put me where I need to be. As much as I remind myself of the this, I still am stressed. I think the waiting to know is much more stressful than the actual move itself. That, and knowing that at the end of the year, I will be saying good-bye to these kids that I have had for two years. But, I am trusting God to guide me through. 

Then, last week, my husband called me from school. He found out that he was failing one of his classes. This was incredibly stressful for him. He has been working so hard, and is overwhelmed with everything. We were hoping for him to graduate in the spring of 2018, but he decided to ease his load a little bit and graduate in the fall of '18. I fully support him in doing what he needs to do, so that he can do his very best, but financially, things have been really hard living solely off of my salary. (Teachers do not make very much!) He plans to go back to work part time, while he takes a lighter class load. God will provide! 

While I trust God's provisions, this also affects our plans for kids. We both have concerns of infertility due to history, so about a year and a few months ago, I got off of birth control. We still are not pregnant, but hoping that we will be able to get pregnant in the near-ish future. But again, I fully believe that God has a plan and God knows that we can not afford to have a baby right now. We don't even have enough money to pay for our health insurance deductible and the hospital bill, let alone to pay for all of the things that a new baby needs! My plan was that we would have the baby the summer of '18, knowing that Brandon would have a job in the fall, but now that is not happening, so that means putting any baby plans off for a few months too. This is especially hard for Brandon. We are praying that God will give us peace and that God will give us a child in the right time. 

I had plans. My plans have all crashed. 
God has a plan. His plan is incredibly amazing and perfect. 
I need to trust God's plan. Right now, He is really reminding me of this. He is sovereign.  

Then this morning, my grandma passed away. I have spend most of my day trying to figure out how I am going to get to the funeral in Kansas (which has been hard since they still have not planned it).

Grandmas seem to be the rock that keeps families together. For every holiday, we always go to Grandma's. Things are going to be different. But, I trust that God has my grandma with Him in Heaven.  

I don't know the words to express the feeling in my body right now. Stress? Overwhelmed-ness? Sadness? 

This song, Hills and Valleys, by Tauren Wells, has been getting me through. I know that my God is the God who will comfort me and guide me through these valleys in our life and I know that He is also the God who blesses me greatly and who deserves all of the glory. We will see His glory shining through these shadows! 


I've walked among the shadows
You wiped my tears away
And I've felt the pain of heartbreak
And I've seen the brighter days
And I've prayed prayers to heaven from my lowestplace
And I have held the blessings
God, you give and take away
No matter what I have, Your grace is enough
No matter where I am, I'm standing in Your love
On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the one who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes to the one who sees me there
When I'm standing on the mountain aft, didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley end, no I am not alone!
You're God of the hills and valleys!
Hills and Valleys!
God of the hills and valleys
And I am not alone!


I've watched my dreams get broken
In you I hope again!
No matter what I know
Know I'm safe inside Your hand
On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the one who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes to the one who sees me there
When I'm standing on the mountain aft, didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley end, no I am not alone!
You're God of the hills and valleys!
Hills and Valleys!
God of the hills and valleys
And I am not alone!
Father, you give and take away
Every joy and every pain
Through it all you will remain
Over it all!
Father, you give and take away
Every joy and every pain
Through it all you will remain
Over it all!
On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the one who set me there (to the one who set me there)
In the valley, I will lift my eyes to the one who sees me there
When I'm standing on the mountain aft, didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley end, no I am not alone!
You're God of the hills and valleys!
Hills and Valleys!
God of the hills and valleys
And I am not alone!
You're God of the hills and valleys!
Hills and Valleys!
God of the hills and valleys
And I am not alone!
And I will choose to say "Blessed be Your name, yeah, yeah"
And I am not alone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 9- Blessed

Blessed to be a Blessing

Teachers are Blessed to be a Blessing