Working with all my heart?


So, I work at a daycare center and I absolutely love my job. I adore the kids that I work with and really appreciate my co-workers! I definitely consider having a job that I greatly enjoy a blessing. Work is often the highlight of my day! I feel loved and affirmed by the students that I am doing the right thing with my life (I am studying to be a teacher!). 

But, these past few days, I have felt like I am not needed. Not because the kids have stopped loving me or because of anything that my co-workers or boss have done, it has just been a quiet week, with some kids out on vacation and some out sick etc. I have not been needed as much in the classroom because we have been over-staffed. Like I said, this is no one's fault, it is just reality. I was told to clean during the few hours that I was not needed in the classroom. I don't particularly have a problem with cleaning, but it is not where I wanted to  be either. While I was cleaning though, I realized that I needed a bit of an attitude adjustment. 

First of all, I am incredibly grateful to have a job, and to be able to make money to pay for my college tuition and other expenses. (My parents have decided to let me be more independent in the financial area, so my job is crucial!) And I am grateful that I do have a job that I love most of the time and that is giving me very valuable experience for my future career and I have learned a lot about life in general. So, like I said before, by job is a huge blessing and I should not complain about the few hours of cleaning that I have to do. We all have to do things that we don't really enjoy sometimes. That's a part of life. 

Second of all, God wants us to work at all we do with all of our hearts and to glorify Him in all that we are doing. Is me being frustrated glorifying? Absolutely not! 

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. 

This verse kept running through my head, and I remembered that we are called to be God's servants, and sometimes that means doing dirty work. God does not call us to live a rich comfortable life, but He calls us to serve the poor and needy, to give of all that we have.

1 Corinthians 15:57-58
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Mark 10:45
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

Mark 2:16-17
When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

God's love is so great and we are called to love Him and everyone around us in return. God wants us to love and serve others no matter what the cost, and to give Him the glory, so that others may know Him. 

1 Peter 2:12
Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

I am going to work at do at that I do with a cheerful heart!

2 Corinthians 9:6-7
The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

May God establish the works of my hands and yours and I pray that all that I do will bless Him and others and will bring glory to Him!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 9- Blessed

Blessed to be a Blessing

Teachers are Blessed to be a Blessing