Show Jesus

SMILE! :)

Your smile's always shinning out
And they know what it's all about
It's not hard for them to figure out
The way you show Jesus
You know love is what they heard
And you didn't even say a word
Ain't it funny that's the way it works
When you know Jesus

Oh it's like flipping on a light switch when you're walking into this room
It's so undeniable

I gotta tell you that I like the way
Any time anywhere any place
It's written all over your face
The way you love Jesus
And it always speaks to me
A little joy with a touch of peace
It's so inspiring
The way you show Jesus


~"Show Jesus" By Jamie Grace


Last weekend, I had the privilege of seeing Jamie Grace in concert. We were front and center and it was an incredible concert. Josh Wilson also performed! At the concert, I got a t-shirt that is navy blue and says, "SHOW JESUS" in very large bright green letters. I wore my shirt today as I was out doing a few errands, meeting a friend for lunch and babysitting. I definitely noticed people looking at my shirt, and I wondered if people were seeing me show Jesus, or if I was being hypocritical. Wearing this shirt made me much more conscious about the decisions that I made today and how I treated people. Being out and about, I saw many people. On my walk home from the library, I saw a person sitting by a tree, who looked like they might be homeless. I thought about ways that I could serve this person, but then I did not actually do anything. I also saw a guy who looked like he was having trouble with his vehicle. I don't know anything about cars, but I could have asked if I could do anything. But I did not. As I was out driving, I saw a few more homeless people and still did nothing. Tonight when I came home, I saw a bunch a guys and a couple of vehicles. They looked like they were having some trouble. Once again, I could have made sure that they had everything that they needed, but I did nothing. 


So what did I do today? I smiled and said hello to many people. I held open a door for a lady at the bank. I enjoyed time with a couple of friends and had a great time babysitting three kids! I tried to be kind and loving to the people that I was around. 


I always try to be kind, to have a smile on my face, to hold the door, etc. but I do have a difficult time going beyond that. I have a hard time when it come to helping strangers, especially when it involves talking to them. I love talking to people, but it's initiating conversation that comes difficult for me. This is something that I need to work on, even initiating conversations with people I know! I have nothing to be afraid of. I have no reason to hold back. So what if people judge me? So what if I somehow get rejected? God is my ultimate judge and if He sees that I am loving others that is all that matters. I know that He accepts me know matter what, and He is the one that I want to live my life for! I want to live for God! I want to show Jesus!!



Matthew 5:13-16
13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.



What can you do to show Jesus?



1 Peter 4:10-11 
10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


Each of us has a gift and God has chosen us. He has given us a specific purpose and great potential! 


Romans 12:4-8

4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Corinthians 9- Blessed

Blessed to be a Blessing

Teachers are Blessed to be a Blessing